Digital Participation Policy
Digital Participation Policy
The purpose of this document is to give guidelines to the government entities in the United Arab Emirates on how to enhance interaction between them and their customers using various tools, especially Web 2.0 applications. GIA has created this document for the purpose of improving people’s participation in government policies and decision making. This is a crucial factor in fostering trust between the government and the public.
In the age of e-Government, there is a greater demand for public services and information to be customized to people’s needs and to be available at the touch of a button, or click of a mouse. Achieving this would require the participation of ordinary users in the process of public service improvement and development.
e-Participation is all about this, and about making the decision-making processes easier by connecting people with the government and enabling them to submit their views, comments, complaints and advice to the government through the use of new Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs).
Social Media Policy
This document provides a guide on how to use social media tools responsibly, safely and effectively, in order to communicate with customers and users of social networking websites at different levels.
The National Qualification Authority (NQA) welcomes your feedback and participation through all forms of social media and web-based technologies for social interaction, including (without limitation) discussion forums, blogs, live chat, electronic newsletters, online customer satisfaction surveys, opinion polls, Wiki tools, podcasts, feedback forms and social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, etc. collectively known as Social Media.
The Social Media Usage Code of Conduct provides guidance on how Social Media shall be used in a responsible, safe, effective and constructive manner, the main rules that apply are as follows:
- NQA reserves the right to prohibit, and/or omit any piece of information identified as spam, abusive, fraudulent, harassing, inaccurate, in breach of any applicable security requirements, indecent, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, disrespectable, misleading, obscene, offensive, proprietary, threatening, unlawful or otherwise objectionable to NQA in its absolute and sole discretion.
- NQA reserves the right to take appropriate action including (without limitation) legal and/or enforcement action against misuse of any NQA Social Media and/or any direct or indirect references to any of the NQA Parties in any Third Party Social Media, which have not been approved by NQA in writing in advance.
- All Content posted by NQA on any NQA Social Media platform is the property of NQA or its content suppliers and is protected by national and international copyright laws.
- NQA shall continue to retain all rights in, and to, the NQA Social Media platforms, and nothing set forth under this Social Media Usage Code of Conduct is intended to convey or does convey any rights to any third party.
- Use of NQA Content, including (without limitation) the reproduction, modification, distribution, transmission, broadcast, re-publication, downloading or uploading without the expressed prior written permission of NQA is strictly prohibited.
- NQA has no responsibility or liability for: (i) any Content of, and/ or comments made on, any Social Media; (ii) any reposts, re-tweets, shares, tags and/ or any other form of forwarding, re-forwarding or re-broadcast whatsoever; and/ or (iii) any act, or omission, taken during or after the participation in any Social Media.
- NQA does not make any representation, warranty, assurance, guarantee or other obligation (whether expressed or implied) in relation to any Social Media, (without any limitation); whereas each of the NQA Social Medias might be the subject of additional and/or separate terms and conditions of use.
- Any content that may be re-produced, modified, distributed, transmitted, broadcasted, published, re-published, downloaded/uploaded or may require authorization and/or permission for reproduction, modification, distribution, transmission, broadcast, publication, re-publication, downloading and/or uploading of any content to any Social Media (without limitation) shall be entirely at the own risk and responsibility of the user in person.
- This Social Media Usage Code of Conduct shall be governed by, construed, performed and enforced in all respects in accordance with the United Arab Emirates Laws. The courts of the United Arab Emirates shall be the courts of exclusive competent jurisdiction in case of any possible conflict or dispute.
- No waiver hereunder shall be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default. Each of the provisions of this Social Media Usage Code of Conduct is independent from the other(s). If any provision of this Social Media Usage Code of Conduct (or part of a provision) is or becomes invalid, unenforceable or illegal, the provisions of the Social Media Usage Code of Conduct (or parts thereof) shall remain in force.
- NQA reserves the right to amend this Social Media Usage Code of Conduct from time to time without notice. 12- In case of complaints, comments, or suggestions with reference to the Social Media Usage Code of Conduct, or any social media related to NQA, kindly email: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org